I get messaged often about how I maintain my physic and what my fitness regimen is, especially after having a baby. I wasn’t sure if I’d “snap back” or how I’d feel about my body when I looked in the mirror postpartum. The God honest truth is… I don’t really have a regimen. What I do have is a few good habits that I strongly believe have helped me throughout the different phases of womanhood including now being somebody’s mama. With these 5 habits incorporated into my regular routine, I feel more confident and sexy in my own skin than ever before.
Here are 5 EASY habits you can incorporate into your regular routine!
1) Devote more time for yourself. Women are BAD ASS! We bear the weight of the world between birthing humans, raising and nurturing them, many of us while also working, being good and present wives, keeping ourselves up and contributing to society/ our communities in other ways. When our responsibilities tend to soak up our very last ounce of energy, we somehow find a way to keep showing up, pushing forward and making it look a lot easier than it actually is! No one can take care of you, like you! In order to be our best for our loved ones, we must prioritize self-care. It is mandatory that we find time to relax, de-stress and frankly treat ourselves to moments of doing whatever it is we need to do to feel more centered. Did you know that stress causes cortisol levels in the body to raise which can contribute to weight gain or the retention of fat? Particularly in our mid-sections?! Taking a moment for yourself to relax can not only lower measurable amounts of cortisol in your body but also reduce your risk for stress-eating which also causes weight gain.
2) Sleep more! Sleep studies show, that individuals who get the optimal amount of 8 hours of sleep nightly, weigh significantly less on average while also reducing their chances for certain ailments. We need to fully recharge our mind and our muscles with sleep. Personally, when I’m tired I’m cranky and it isn’t cute! Beauty sleep is a real thing!
3) Laugh more! It relieves physical tension and stress, leaving your muscles relaxed for up to 45 minutes after. Laughter boosts the immune system by increasing immune cells and infection-fighting antibodies, thus improving your resistance to disease. Also, all that contracting of your abdominal muscles is decent core work! A recent study revealed that individuals who laugh often are perceived as more attractive and confident.
4) Expressive recreation! That is physical activity that doesn’t really feel like a workout to you. It can be ANYTHING that you love to do and gets your body moving. Dancing, park strolls, even MORE sex!
5) Drink more… wine! Did you think I was going to say water? Of course you should be drinking water as well. I have a new found love and appreciation for good wine. So much so that I’m launching a wine brand, Pur Noire. Healthline, among others, have reported on the potential health benefits of drinking wine and the run down is as follows: Wine is rich in antioxidants which promotes longevity; it may combat inflammation in the body. Chronic inflammation is harmful and may increase the risk of conditions such as heart disease, autoimmune disorders, and certain cancers. Therefore, it’s best to prevent this type of inflammation as much as possible; wine promotes heart health, mental health and healthy gut bacteria which may improve metabolic syndrome markers in people with obesity. (Source: Healthline)
What things do you do to keep it sexy? Let me know in the comments below.
Facebook: She’s ChaRISSmatic