1. The Fomo Factory. This immersive art pop up, designed to feel like a journey through childhood has come to Houston this summer in the Galleria and features 17 IG worthy rooms to play in! (*Unfortunately, the Fomo Factory has closed since this blog was published due to unforeseen circumstances. Sorry if you missed out.)
2. Museums After Dark. This is a super fun date night idea! Houston’s Museum of Natural Science and the Buffalo Soldiers Museum both offer happy hours in the evenings on certain days.
3. Brunch at The Dunlavy. It’s a well known fact that Houstonians love brunch! The Dunlavy offers public dining daily from 7am – 2pm and is available to reserve for private events in the evenings. This place will give you all the “Easy like Sunday Morning” feels with specialty menu items including delicious mimosas. The ambiance is simply gorgeous (just my style) with a view overlooking Lost Lake and the Buffalo Bayou. This place is for foodies like me.
4. Host a Pedal Party. If you’re up for some adventure try hosting a pedal party on a nice evening this summer or fall. I’ve hosted one with my professional networking group and it was so much fun! It’s a self powered bar that can sit up to 16 people as your collectively bike through midtown and downtown Houston.
5. Rooftop Movie Cinema Club. Super themed and super fun. I love, love, love a good movie night! How fun that I can watch great movies on a Houston rooftop? I love the $5 bottomless popcorn, well crafted drinks, gourmet hotdogs and colorful installations!
6. Staycation at the Marriott Marquis. When I was working downtown I watched this hotel be built brick by brick from my building. Amazing! The Texas shaped pool and excellent service make this conveniently located Houston gem a no-brainer for a nice staycation.
8. Miller Outdoor Theater. Of course their is always a good show at Herman Park that the people of Houston can enjoy! Being “on the hill” at Miller always make me feel so care-free and happy! Check out their list of upcoming shows, great for the entire family!
7. Present Company. Truthfully, this is just another bar. BUT it is one that is beyond photogenic, with the best bar food in town, great drinks, excellent service and good vibes! Not to mention there is an open rooftop that allows a peek into the city skyline. Views are always a plus in my book!
9. Candytopia. We are just a super cool city to have such a dope art scene! Another fun immersive art pop up has come to Houston featuring non other than Queen B herself. All of the art installations are made from candy! Come taste and see!
10. Magical Unicorn Dessert Bar. Need I say more?? Yummy desserts to that take a summer treat or cheat meal to the next level! So fun and the menu is lit. Be sure you come with a sweet tooth!
Have you already been to any of the places listed above or would like to go? Do you have any places you’d add to this list? Leave a comment below about a place or experience you’ve discovered and would like to share!
Till next time! -xo Riss
Contact us for business inquiries and collaborations. We’d love to hear from you!
Learn more ABOUT
Facebook: She’s ChaRISSmatic