So I have been doing some leg work and have found 3 DIY beauty recipes that are to die for. They all contain simple, natural ingredients, are so easy and so much fun to make at home!
I love trying DIY recipes at home because it makes me feel like a bit of a chemist and I can be assured that my products are safe and natural! Plus I can multi-purpose ALL of these ingredients and its sooo inexpensive!
You should take some time and pamper yourself with one of these this summer and let me know how it worked out for you! They also make great gifts! All ingredients can be found at your local grocery store or my favorite, HEB!
Minty Fresh (and poppin’) Lip Gloss
- petroleum jelly
- lipstick for color (optional)
- mint extract or flavor
- almond oil
- lip gloss container (available at craft stores)
1. Place about 1 Tablespoon petroleum jelly in a microwave safe bowl. Add a tiny dab of Mom’s favorite lipstick for color if desired. Microwave 30 seconds then stir carefully until everything is melted.2. Drop in 2 ‑ 3 drops of almond oil and 3 ‑ 5 drops of mint. Don’t add too much! Carefully pour into a lip gloss container.
Charissmatic Citrus & Coconut Scrub
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup H‑E‑B Organics Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
1. Combine all ingredients and place in an airtight glass container. Allow 30 minutes for ingredients to bind well. To use: Using a spoonful or desired amount, massage in a circular motion for 30 seconds. Rinse and pat dry. Use on face, body or hands.
Oh So Satisfying Foot Soak
- 1 c. fine sea salt
- 1 c. Epsom salt
- 2 Tbsp. loose peppermint tea
- 3 Tbsp. orange extract
- 4 Tbsp. peppermint extract
- 1 Tbsp. baking soda
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- Jar with lid
1. Place ingredients into a food processor and blend about a minute until ingredients are powdered then pour into the jar and seal. To use: Pour a tablespoon of the soak into a bowl of water and ease those tootsies into relaxation!
Contact us for business inquiries and collaborations. We’d love to hear from you!
Learn more ABOUT
Facebook: She’s ChaRISSmatic